One of the hardest problems I had to deal with was the bikes. They were a great contributing factor in the Squats being removed. They dirty, hairy bikers just didn't fit into the dark Gothic style of 40K, and they are all anyone seemed to take. I took the decision to keep them in the list but make them more in character with the rest of the force while retaining as much of their BG as possible.
I endeavoured to do this in several ways. Firstly I kept their numbers low, 3-5 for bikes and 1-3 for trikes, in separate units. This would stop the silly massed biker forces seen before from being used in non-apocalypse games.
Secondly I considered their equipment. Each bikes comes equipped with a twin-linked version of the standard infantry weapon, the Ion Carbine. In addition to this each bike may be upgraded to carry a special weapon. Trikes still carry a single heavy weapon but I have removed the second crew member. Having access to special weapons will encourage players to keep their bikes out of close combat.
Thirdly I took a look at special rules. I gave both the bikes and trikes Hit & Run so that they can attempt to escape combat should they become engaged. I also gave the bikes Scout, helping to define their role within the force.
http://www.4shared.com/file/127670264/72d6055c/Demiurg_Warhost.html?
Busy Summer Heat.
-
Hello and welcome to Inso's World again.
Is it August already? Time is flying by at the moment and it seems that the
summer heat has arrived in all its ...
2 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment